Monday 1 October 2007

I'm back from my weekend with my sister. It all went smoothly and I had the most wonderful time. For those of you who don't know, my sister phoned me several months ago and said, 'Hey, I'm your sister!' I said, 'I have a sister? OMG!' Then she said, 'Mum wants to see you, she never wanted to give you up when you were a baby,' and then I said, 'You're kidding?! You mean to tell me that I've been lied to for the past thirty one years?? Actually, huh, not all that surprised.'

That's the short but accurate gist. This weekend just gone, I met my sister for the second time. I arrived Saturday afternoon and we hung out, bonded, sized each other up, got to know each other, and had a roaring good laugh. She cooked Mexican and we watched a Lee Evans dvd. I then had the best night's sleep of my life in her huge, fit for a princess bed, and the next day I met her four year-old daughter, who seemed to take to me straight away. My sister cooked a roast dinner and my mum came round for the afternoon. It was the second time I've met her, too. It definitely feels weird still, to have an actual parent, but it also gives me a wonderfully warm and safe feeling. I had resigned myself to the fact that one day I would have no family at all, and I would be completely by myself. Now it seems that hope has come to visit.

Oooh, and, my mum, her boyfriend and my sister's 'special friend' all work for a very expensive and well known toiletries company, and they sent me home with about £150.00 worth of stuff. Yay!

And I have an invite to a Christmas family gathering on the 22nd Dec. I will be meeting my other sister, her three children, and my brother.

No comments: