Saturday 17 August 2013

What a Week!!

It's been a week since Bounty Hunter was released into the wild. Sales have gone really well and I've got some lovely reviews so far. It also got to number 16 in Amazon.com's Top 100 Best Sellers in Children's Dystopian Sci-Fi Books It's at number 36 now but, still, not bad for its first week, and with no paperback.

I now have a Goodreads Author Profile so if you any of you are Goodreaders do please shelve me! Also appreciated are ratings and reviews on both Goodreads and Amazon. It's hard for the small fish and I'm a tiddler.

No good news on the paperback yet. It's still held up at the printers and I'm still locked in a deadly game of there's-a-problem/no-there-isn't/there's-a-problem/oh-look-there's-a-problem/so-you-admit-there's-problem?/no. Release could be in a couple of weeks; it could be a couple of months. I hope it's the latter because I won't sleep until it's done.

In the meantime I'm searching high and low for cheap or free advertising. Not easy either. I did find a company that sends out free promotional tweets to over 70,000 book-interested Twitter users. Great, I thought! But no, we are 70,000 authors trying to sell each other our own books. It ain't happening. Yeah, so, any hints, tips and advice would be warmly welcomed.

It's been a busy couple of months. Aside from The Great Upheaval of 2011, it's probably been the busiest few months of my life. I got a big promotion, after six years of part-time study I got my literature degree, and I published a book. It feels incredible. It feels exhausting. I need a nap.

LawrenceMann - S J HOLLIS – Small

Bounty Hunter, a YA apocalyptic fantasy

When your magic makes you a target

Ebook available now at Amazon. Links and reviews at my website.

No comments: