Monday 26 August 2013

Legend by Marie Lu

Legend (Legend, #1)Legend by Marie Lu

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I was planning to read this in September along with one of my Goodreads groups We Love YA. I downloaded it onto my Kindle two days ago and thought I'd take a quick peek. The first chapter couldn't hurt, could it? I'd save the rest for the September read-a-long. Nope. Got sucked in like a sock up a vacuum cleaner.

I couldn't put it down, couldn't look away, couldn't stand the thought that I had to go out and leave Legend behind. "Oh, Day! June!" I clutched my Kindle all day and burst back through my apartment door. I kicked off my trainers, flung myself in my recliner and read the rest straight through. Afterwards, in an attempt to stave the bottom-lip-wobble, I threw a Kit Kat down my neck and made a cup of tea.

For those who don't speak my language, all that meant Legend was wicked good.



View all my reviews

No comments: